Saturday, August 20, 2011

A week in a car

I am sitting in Denver right now on the front porch at an old friend's place, and feel so lucky to have been able to see so many old friends on our way out west. For the past week my friend Patric and I have driven from Michigan to Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Colorado Springs, and Denver. It has been an amazing road trip, though it's not quite over yet. Each city has been like a mini reunion and I have really enjoyed catching up with old friends! As exciting as it was to arrive at each destination along the way, the driving, as always, has been boring! Driving across Kansas through the night is just like driving through Nebraska through the night, awful! I have to say I'll be excited to not be in a car and start biking soon!

Patric and I are planning to drive to Casper, WY for the night and then maybe head to yellowstone or I might start biking from there. In one of those two places I will be departing Patric on my bike and he is going to drive back to Michigan. Then, I will have officially started my biking journey! I will ride from Yellowstone or Casper, west to eventually meet up with a friend from college in Ashland, OR, where we are planning to camp for a few days. Depending on my time frame while biking, will determine wether or not I bike down to Salt Lake City before heading to Ashland. It is a little ways out of the way, but it would be great to see friends that live there! Once I reach Ashland I will have a better idea of where I could meet up with Amelia, who is currently biking from Prince Rupert to Vancouver in Canada.

I dont plan on being able to use the internet much for the next few weeks probably so try not to expect a lot of updates. I will try as often as I can to let everyone know what I am up to and what is going on. I am so thankful to everyone who has made this trip possible for me! I am a very lucky person to be so fortunate. And one final shout out to my family, this journey of mine is going to be very hard on all of them. I never wanted to make things hard on them by being gone for so long, but I know that they will be able to handle it!

Until the next update here are some photos from the car!
Cheers!

Eric












2 comments: